A great, new discovery!
2:26 PM Edit This 4 Comments »
I love living in Mount Holly/Belmont. It is a great place to live.The one complaint I did have though was the lake of coffee shops in the area. A few days ago, I decided to check out this independent coffee shop right by my house. I looked at the menu-not too bad (if you know me, you know I am a coffee snob!). So I proceeded to order and asked if they carried soy milk (b/c I am lactose intolerant) and to my dismay they were out! =(
So later on that morning some of us at work were talking about how Gastonia/Mount Holly needed a Starbucks or SOMETHING to caffeinate ourselves and get the energy flowing in our blood! One of the girls there, who is a master chef, told me about the coffee shop she helped open at Belmont Abby College, which happens to be literally 2 minutes from my house. So I decided to give it a shot. The place is called "Holy Grounds" really cool if you ask me. Not only do they make an acceptable iced, SOY caramel macchiato, this place also provides a great atmosphere to hang out or read/study. I think I still look young enough to blend in with the college students that inhabit the place!
I am a coffee shop nerd. My siblings used to make fun of me in high school saying I always went to coffee shops to "read poetry and sip coffee." What can I say?? It really IS something I like to do! So, today, on my day off, I chilled there for about an hour and a half reading (not poetry though=), writing in my journal and "sipping" coffee. It was very refreshing and I enjoyed it a lot.
I'm sure this is all to my husband's dismay, but this discovery may just help keep me sane while he is gone!


4 comments:
Glad you found a hot spot to hang! There is no turning back now that you have taken this first step, right? :)
Wow, glad you found somewhere cool to hang out since you don't ever hang out with me anymore! I hope you choke on your fancy smancy coffee! ;) (cracking myself up)
the joys of a great coffee house with a really nice atmosphere are immeasurable. now never return to starbucks!
Lucy, you got some splanin to do. You better enjoy your coffee while you can. I'll be home in no time and then you'll have no coffee.
Post a Comment